Friday, April 04, 2008

God's faithfulness

Tim and I have some friends who have adopted 3 beautiful little boys and we have known the family about 2 1/2 years. When we met them, they had just moved to MN from West Africa. One of the boys needed more adequate treatment as he was HIV positive (from his birth mom). About this time in our lives, God was taking us deeper into an understanding of how He views illness and how we can pray with confidence for His will to be done concerning that. So we started praying for complete healing for this little guy. He is real cute by the way. Real cute. He even has red hair :)

We prayed and we prayed. My parents joined us in praying over him and declaring health into his tiny little body. One day, as I was walking and praying I received a picture of a quiver of arrows. And the Lord was saying, "This one's ours. This victory belongs belongs to the Kingdom of God. This boy's healing is going to be one of the arrows in this quiver. And when the enemy comes to intimidate and steal, we can hold this arrow up and say, remember him? He's ours. And Christ healed him."

I tell you what, I was sold. So we continued to pray. A couple weeks ago, we saw our friends and got an update on their son. The last time they had been in to see the Dr. (an Indian Hindu Dr.) the HIV was undetectable in his body. I'm sorry, did I hear you right? Did you say undetectable?

So Mom asked the Dr., "does that mean it's gone and he's healed?"

Dr. replies, or rather stammers, "well, no, I mean, you can't get rid of HIV, it just means it's, uh, it's, uh, undetectable for right now.....um, if he went off meds, it would be seen."

To that I say, whatever, God heals. GOD HEALS!

So we celebrated. We rejoiced. The next day we were at my parents house and man oh man did we praise God! We rejoiced in His goodness and mercy. Maybe you're a skeptic and are thinking, it's still there, it's just undetectable. We believe 100% that our faithful Jesus healed this little boy from HIV.

I share this because the more people who hear and can believe and rejoice, the more glory God gets.

This, my friends, is what we want to see more of in Senegal. We want to see God sweep in in His splendor and blow the socks off the Wolof people. They are ready for it and so are we.

No comments: