Thursday, August 02, 2007

We're OK

Well, most of you have probably heard about what happened last night on 35W, around 6pm the bridge crossing the Mississippi fell into the river. Tim and I are both ok. We both drove that bridge twice yesturday, Tim missed the fall by about 45 minutes. We haven't heard of any friends who were personally affected by this. And we pray that we won't hear any of that news in the coming days. We did bike down there last night since we live so close. I don't know what it is, but we wanted to see for ourselves what really happened. It was horrific. And there aren't words to describe it, but here are some pictures we took. We are praying for the families of those were killed. Right now there are 4 confirmed deaths, but many are still unaccounted for and rescue efforts continue to find more bodies. There are many people who need a miracle right now. Knowing who our God is, let's join them in praying for their miracles.


5 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! I hadn't heard about it yet. I'm glad you guys are okay. It could have fallen when you drove across earlier. God is with you for sure.

Unknown said...

I am glad you are ok, I was woried about it when I heard the news. Thought about calling you but decided to wait until today and see if we would hear from you. Glad you are ok.

Anonymous said...

God obviously wants you on your mission! We're so glad you're ok! Thanks for the update and the pictures.

Mark, Julianne abd Rhiannon

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you're ok too! we're going to be in mpls friday... do you guys have plans?

Anonymous said...

p.s. email me or call me.