Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The weekend and Prince Caspian

Heidi and I had a great Memorial Day weekend by camping at St. Croix State Park with family and friends. We spent Friday night by ourselves and the Lundholms (my sister, Sally and her family) and the Watsons (friends from church) joined us from Saturday afternoon until Monday afternoon. The kids from both families played together and even let me play some Freeze Tag with them. The only bummer was the mosquitoes, which considered us a buffet all weekend. I have never seen bugs that bad. I am still scratching the bites two days later. We will post the pictures from the weekend soon.

I have been meaning to post a review of The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, but have not had the chance. So, here is my official review: as a movie, it was awesome, but as a book adaption, it was terrible. The directing, photography, effects, and acting were all top notch. The pacing was solid and, overall, I enjoyed it a whole lot. However, they changed some things and added others that I found both unnecessary and irritating. As good as it was, the movie only partially captured the spirit of the book, which is a bummer. I hope the Dawn Treader is better. I love that book. Please leave comments with your thoughts on the movie.

Just for fun, here is a link to the Will Smith superhero movie, Hancock, due out in July: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809801452/video/7633208

I love my Heidi an awful lot.

No comments: