Wednesday, May 05, 2010

I got a full time job.

This will hopefully be my (Tim) last employment update for a long, long time.  The last couple months I have been working back at Costco on a part time basis.  Ironically, I was pretty close to getting full time hours and a better position in the company when I got an offer for a full time job.  I put in my two weeks notice at Costco on Monday and accepted a job at Volunteers of America at their Roseville facility.  The job title is Employment Program Coordinator and I will be working at a halfway house with inmates that are finishing their time in the Department of Corrections.  It sounds scary but it's really not.  The bulk of my job will be relationship building and helping the inmates to change their mindset to succeed on the outside.  I am sure there will be difficult days but I am looking forward to being challenged again.  At first I was not all that excited about the job and did not even want to go for the interview.  Somewhere in the process both Heidi and I came to know that the Lord provided this job and I was to be obedient and take it.  We know He is faithful and we will trust Him to take care of the rest.  It's a relief to no longer be on the job hunt and I am grateful for God's provision.

4 comments:

amanda said...

That's such awesome news! We are so happy for you guys! Praise God :) thanks for sharing! Yeah, yeah, yeah - you guys are great!

Joanna said...

This is just wonderful news. I am so so happy to hear it. I hope in coming weeks you'll feel more settled with it and see it working well for you guys and your family. Yippee for you!

Veronica said...

Woo hoo! So happy to hear this great news! Blessings to all of you as you make the transition into your new job!

Miranda said...

Yay! Congrats!!