Sunday, October 17, 2010

snip, snip

I have had very long hair for over 10 years.  The last time my hair was short was in ninth grade, 17 years ago.  Yesterday afternoon, I chopped it all off!  Well, most of it.  I was really rather nervous about it, but I am really happy with how it turned out.  I normally cut my hair myself, but this special occasion called for a professional.  
Here's me, a happy customer, leaving the salon.
Damon, at Belli Capelli, in Adover, did a great job.  I even hugged him afterwards :)
He was so great.

It was time for a change and I think this counts as a change.  It's a bit shorter in the back, angled to the front and longer on the left side, so fun!


Here's all the hair they cut off for Locks of Love.  It was a little scary for me once I heard the first "clip" and knew there was no going back, but it was totally worth it.

So the back story on this big change is that about a month ago I just felt like it was time for a change.  I love tattoos, but since I'm pregnant, that was out.  I told Tim I wanted to cut my hair and he wasn't so sure about it.  The more thought I gave it though, the more it felt right.  God has done such a dramatic transformational work in our lives in the last 2 years and has truly shifted our thinking in so many ways that I wanted to make a shift that was outwardly obvious.  Not necessarily for others to see, but just to be an outward symbol of all God has done in this season on the inside.  I have been changed by our experience and it was time for me to look a little different on the outside as well.  So there you go.  I'm usually not really into symbolism, but this felt right.  And it enabled me to help out a great organization that makes wigs for children with cancer.  How can you go wrong?!  So while I happy about how my hair looks, I am even happier about what it means to me:  God is transforming me for His glory from the inside out!



3 comments:

amanda said...

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I literally can not believe it!! Totally cute Heidi - good job - I kind of wish I would have been surprised when I saw you next! That is so huge! You are a rockin' cute mom!!

Gloria said...

you're PREGGERS?????????? CONGRATULATIONS! ok, so you kinda lost me when i read that- YAY!!!!! that's so awesome!!! when are you due??? so exciting! but the haircut and transformation and locks of love- all very cool stuff of course. It'll be a daily reminder of what He's doing in your life every time you look in the mirror :) love you sister!
-gkim

Am said...

I really love your haircut! You look so good! I actually have the same cut, just shorter!