Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2011: And we're off!

What a month.  A little over weeks ago my dad was admitted to Abbott NW Hospital and was diagnosed with prostate and bone cancer.  Wowza.  That's almost enough bad news to send a lady into labor.  Almost, but not quite.

He has started radiation treatment and will soon start chemotherapy.  He has remained in good spirits and I think my family is dealing with everything fairly well, all things considered.  We covet your prayers though.  His oncologist is optimistic and we rejoice in knowing that God is in control.  While I am doing my best to avoid thinking about it, this news has hit me rather hard.  My dad and I are close and he has been a HUGE source of strength to me over the years.

This is the man who has always had a word of encouragement for me.  Who has always had a word that has spoken directly to my heart when I needed it most.  As I have struggled with chronic pain over the last almost 7+ years, my dad has been the rock that I needed time and time again.  He has been my strength and hope for healing and restoration at times when I had no strength to hope or believe for healing.  I praise God for a godly father and look forward to many more years with him, seeing him pour into my sons as he has poured into me and my brother.  Good fathers can be hard to find.  Thank you for your prayers.

In other news, I had my first contraction last week.  I think it was just a warning:  either slow down or get ready!  Since I am not ready quite yet, I am choosing (theoretically) to slow down.  At least Dad is out of the hospital now, I really wanted to wait until he was out before I went in.  Since my mom was going to be my primary source of help, other than Tim, with the twins, the news of chemo has rocked my little family a bit.  We are resting in the knowledge that God knows and apparently He thinks we can handle all this.  So....I guess we can.  Pray for us!

I am 36 weeks along tomorrow and it looks probable that the twins will come next week, one way or another.  I will keep you posted!


No comments: