Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas

Heidi and I kicked off our Christmas weekend on Saturday night. We met up with Kent and Sally (my sister) and the boys at Maplewood Mall. After some pseudo-Asian food in the food court, we rode the Carousel. Chase and I sat in a Tilt-A-Whirl type of seat and spun in rapid circles the entire ride. Afterward I felt awful, but he had a good time. We made our way to Savers where we played with the toys and Heidi and I scored a half-price steamer trunk.

After saying our goodbyes to them, we headed to Rogers for 48 hours with my in-laws, the Battens. Heidi’s brother, Dan, was in town from law school in Spokane, WA, so got some quality time with him and his fiancĂ©, Ellen. Lyn made us some great food and I enjoyed watching football with Don. I am blessed to enjoy spending time with my in-laws.

In other news, the Broncos got an early Christmas present when the Bengals missed the extra point to tie the game at the end. I guess it is better to be lucky than good. The Broncos indeed got lucky. They must be living right. Everyone who follows football knows that the Bengals are not.

I still love Heidi more than I love football.

No comments: