Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Sad

This will be my final football blog until next fall. My Broncos pulled the worst choke job I have seen since the 1996 playoff debacle against Jacksonville. Losing in overtime to San Francisco at home in a game the Broncos absolutely had to have was demoralizing. However, something happened that makes football so unimportant. Darrant Williams, one of the Broncos bright young defensive players, was killed in a drive by shooting hours after the game. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time, at a nightclub at 2 a.m. in downtown Denver. It is so sad to see a young life snuffed out. Sadder still that I do not think he knew the Lord. We live in a fallen, sinful world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sad the bronco's are out. Sad that the Seahawks maybe out...they play Chicago this weekend. ARG!!!

Thanks for the reminder about people who don't know the lord passing away. It is easy to get caught up in the story of Mr. Williams football stories, entertainment dealings, and his family & life. Ultimately everyone dies and they may or maynot know God. I know I lost that perspective hearing about his death.