Sunday, August 28, 2005

crash!

i was in a car accident tonight. (before i start, let me say that it was not my fault. all the witnesses, and cops, said the same thing.) i think that makes like 10 bad "car incidences" in the last 2 years. well...not exactly 10, but there have sure been a lot. the worst part is that the driver of the car that hit me (as he ran a red light, mind you) drove off. i was a victim of a hit and run. amanda can relate to that. excuse my language, but it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!! big time.

i am doing ok though. this accident doesn't change what God has done in my body in the past 2 years since the other, more physically affecting car accident.

i will say that i felt very taken care of by the uptown community who witnessed this act. two different people came over to me with the car make and license plate and Mike, a helpful, if alternative fellow (who looked just like Gus) said that i should, and i quote: "get 'em and make 'em pay!! that just ain't right" it was nice that the folks at Rudolfs on Lyndale and Franklin cared enough to watch my back after this brutal attack....i mean car accident. :)

on a lighter side, what is with my car??!!?!?! seriously, if i didn't know the Lord i would think that my sweet little Honda was cursed! but i know it's not. so, with that, anyone want to buy a lovely, if slightly scraped-up Honda???????? it runs great!

oh, and the damage to my car was minimal. i was able to slam on the brakes before the imbecil hit me. it could have been worse.

6 comments:

Am said...

I can not believe that! It is time you get rid of that car! I hope you're feeling alright.

Unknown said...

i love my car though. it's not his fault!

i feel ok so far today, thankfully.

Jess, Kristi & Bohdan said...

I am glad things are not any worse for you and that you seem to be ok. I am praying right now for continued healing for you and I know God is listening.
I know you are angry and upset but remember God is in control. He was in control before, during and after the accident. I hope you can pray for the person who hit you not out of seeking revenge but for their soul and for there health to.
I believe God allows things to happen to us for a reason and who knows you may be able to share your faith with this person someday. As Tim can tell you about healing of relationships in my life. It may not happen today it may take a decade. The important part is to let go of the anger and focus on God. We love you both and will be praying for you, the person who hit you and your poor little car......

Unknown said...

thanks guys! i'm doing ok today. just feeling a little discouraged and down and out overall. i feel a little sore but the pain isn't too much worse than it usually is. mostly, i just want to be done with the pain completely.

He that began a good work in me......

:)

Unknown said...

oh and thanks for the reminder to pray for the person that hit me. i need to do that. along with forgiving them.

Nicole MacIver Okiring said...

Glad you're OK!