Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Movie Review: X-Men 3: The Last Stand

Anyone who knows me (Tim) knows that I am a big dork and that I love comic books and superheroes and stuff like that. The X-Men have held a special place in my heart since Jr. High. They are the fringe heroes who often are shunned by the society they risk their lives to protect. I am always nervous when Hollywood gets their hands on something I like, since too often they mess it up. I liked the first two X-Men movies, but felt they were a little slow moving. My fears that the third movie would be bad were unfounded. I loved it. The pacing was great and I loved the special effects. The new characters were well done, especially Beast and the Juggernaut. I recommend this movie. (Heidi liked it, too.)

Sweet scenes: Kitty Pryde vs. the Juggernaut
Wolverine vs. the Sentinel
The final battle

Great line: Pyro: (to Juggernaut) Nice helmet.
Juggernaut: It keeps my face pretty.

Turd in the punchbowl: There was no fight between Colossus and the Juggernaut (I know, I am a dork.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

X3 ROCKED MY TOES OFF!!! It was great and fast and wow...the downers were when they eliminated a few people & their are a whole slew of bad guys for the x-men to take on. So I was disappointed they didn't introduce more bad guys or hero's (How cool would it have been to see Havoc, Gambit, Banshee or the Mauraders?).