Thursday, August 03, 2006

Random thoughts from Tim

 The last 2 times I have played disc golf have been the worst rounds I have played in years. On Tuesday, Eric Unger and I played Kaposia Park and I hit every tree I possibly could and missed most of my putts. At least I found a disc on one of my many trips into the woods and it throws really nice. Somehow I have to get my game back.
 I am excited for the camping trip with the young adult group from church. There is a great group of people coming and I know we are going to have fun.
 My marathon training has been going fairly well. The unusually hot temperatures have been messing up my runs. Last weekend I started a 13 mile run at 5 am and it was already 86 degrees. I do not run well in heat and my training is suffering a little, but I am confident that I’ll be ready on October 1.
 We have not blogged about Africa prep in a while, but it is coming along just fine. There is so much to do and we are feeling a little overwhelmed, but we know that it will be worth it once we are there. Kim and Paul McVety have been fantastic in helping us with the process.
 I love Heidi.

No comments: