Monday, August 28, 2006

The Weekend in Review

Friday night:
Heidi and I did different things. I went to my annual Fantasy Football draft with the 8 Christian Guys league. This league has been in place for a long time and the drafts are always enjoyable. This year was no exception. We actually had two drafts and I think I did okay in the first and better in the second. Right before the draft, I lost to Brian in disc golf by one stroke at the White Bear course. Heidi went to the MN State Fair with people from church. She had a good time. Our church has some quality people.

Saturday:
It was a long day for both of us. Heidi was at work from 5 am to 1:30 pm. Right after she left for work, I went for a 20 mile run with Eric. Candace rode along with us carrying our supplies, which was a huge blessing to us. The day was beautiful with temps in the low 60’s. The run went well, but we were happy when it was over. Candace continued to bless us by whipping up some scrambled eggs, which tasted amazing. Then Eric and I left with Robbie and Michael to play some disc golf. We met up with Chris, Dan, and a friend of his at Kaposia Park. As usual, the course kicked our tails. Dan did well, Robbie and I did better than last time, but the others did not fare so well. We then proceeded on to North Valley Park for round 2. Dan and his friend needed to leave early and we struggled trying to find each hole as we went through the course. At the end, Chris came on strong, Robbie did well, Eric didn’t finish the last few holes as he searched for his lost disc in the water, and Michael and I fell apart. My legs were so tired from running that I had trouble with my drives. Heidi and I ended up getting home within a few minutes of each other and heading out again for a cookout for our friend, Yvonne. We got to enjoy some good food, some interesting people, and a beautiful day. After that we pretty much just came home and flopped right into bed. I have not been that tired in a long time.

Sunday:
We enjoyed a typical solid service at Bethel Christian Fellowship. Pastor Harrison filled in for Pastor Jim and preached with zeal. Heidi had to work in the afternoon and I mostly hung out there reading and drinking coffee. It was nice for me to not need to be anywhere. After our run to Super Target, we ended our evening with a little TV. It was a good weekend.

No comments: